Hitachi Zosen Inova (HZI) requires all 3rd party Suppliers (including Contractors and any respective Contractor Related Party(s) to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and integrity in their business dealings, not only with regard to HZI, but also in their relations with other suppliers, customers, employees, competitors and communities. HZI Suppliers shall therefore:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Respect and comply with HZI’s zero tolerance policy towards bribery and corruption. Suppliers are encouraged to avoid the giving of business gifts, other than items of very small intrinsic value, such as business diaries or calendars. Likewise hospitality offered should only be appropriate to the business at hand.
- Adhere to high ethical standards by respecting the rights, privacy and dignity of all persons with whom they are dealing. Specifically Suppliers shall respect best practice and the provisions of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights & the Conventions of the International Labour Organisation in regards to:
- Elimination of Child Labour and Non-use of Forced Labour
- Eradication of slavery and human trafficking
- Freedom of Employment & Association
- Respect for the Individual and Elimination of Discrimination
- Safe and Healthy Working Conditions
- Payment of living wages & regular employment entitlements
- Non-excessive working hours
- Keep HZI’s business, financial and technical data as well as business correspondence confidential and not improperly acquire or use any tangible or intellectual property belonging to HZI or any other company.
- Adhere strictly to competition laws and disclose to HZI any potential or actual conflicts of interest.
- Ensure exclusion of any Conflict Minerals from the supply chain.
- Ensure best practice and a “Safety First” approach to Environmental Health & Safety issues. Using proactive means and training to prevent accidents of all types. In general terms Suppliers are expected to adhere to OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Actively help HZI to achieve compliance with this Code of Conduct.
Further to the above HZI expects Suppliers to implement and maintain processes to improve Environmental Efficiency (this to include reducing consumption of Water, Energy, Office Materials, Raw Materials and reducing Business Travel and Transport Mileage) and minimise all forms of waste whilst increasing recyclability of products wherever possible. In general terms Suppliers are expected to adhere to ISO14001 standards.
Failure of Suppliers to maintain their obligations under this Code of Conduct could ultimately lead to termination of any contracts on the basis of Supplier Default.
Any questions related to the above should be directed to:
|Head of Supply Management||Phone +41 44 277 11 11|
|Hitachi Zosen Inova AG||Fax +41 44 277 13 13|
|Hardturmstrasse 127||Email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CH-8005, Zurich, Switzerland|