Hitachi Zosen Inova AG (HZI) requires all third-party Suppliers (including contractors and any contractor-related party) to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and integrity in their business dealings, not only with regards to HZI, but also in their relations with other suppliers, customers, employees, competitors and communities. As a Supplier of HZI you shall:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Adopt and comply with HZI’s zero tolerance policy towards bribery and corruption.
- Procure that all the supplies under your contract with HZI do not directly or indirectly infringe any international trade or export control laws and regulations including without limitation any economic and/or trade sanctions enacted by the United Nations Security Council, Japan, Switzerland, the European Union, the United States of America.
- Avoid the giving of business gifts, other than items of very small intrinsic value, such as business diaries or calendars. Likewise, avoid offering hospitality that is not appropriate to the business at hand.
- Adhere to highest ethical standards and respect the rights, privacy and dignity of all persons with whom you are dealing. Respect also the provisions of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights & the Conventions of the International Labour Organisation with regards to:
- Elimination of Child Labour and Non-use of Forced Labour
- Eradication of slavery and human trafficking
- Freedom of Employment & Association
- Respect for the Individual and Elimination of Discrimination
- Safe and Healthy Working Conditions
- Payment of living wages & regular employment entitlements
- Non-excessive working hours
- Keep HZI’s business, financial and technical data as well as business correspondence confidential.
- Not copy or improperly acquire or use any tangible or intellectual property belonging to HZI or any other company.
- Adhere strictly to antitrust laws and avoid all unfair competitive practices.
- Promptly disclose in writing to HZI any potential or actual conflicts of interest.
- Ensure exclusion of any Conflict Minerals from the supply chain.
- Adopt a “Safety First” approach to Environmental Health & Safety issues. Use proactive means and training to prevent accidents of all types. Adhere to OHSAS 18001 (from 11th March 2021 ISO 45001:2018) Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Comply with this Code of Conduct.
As a Supplier of HZI you are expected to implement and maintain processes to improve environmental efficiency (this to include reducing consumption of water, energy, office materials, raw materials, reducing business travel and transport mileage) and minimising all forms of waste whilst increasing recyclability of products wherever possible. You are expected also to adhere to ISO 14001 standards.
Failure of Suppliers to comply their obligations under this Code of Conduct may lead to termination of any contracts and other remedies on the basis of Supplier default.
Any questions related to the above should be directed to:
|Vice President Supply Chain Management||Phone +41 44 277 11 11|
|Hitachi Zosen Inova AG||Email email@example.com|
|8005, Zurich, Switzerland|