The HZI Group: Global Presence Close to the Clients
Hitachi Zosen Inova acts as an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor delivering complete turnkey plants and system solutions for thermal and biological EfW recovery. Our solutions are based on efficient and environmentally sound technology, are thoroughly tested, can be flexibly adapted to user requirements, and cover the entire plant life cycle. To enable us to work even closer to our clients, we actively foster good working relations with our branch and regional offices.
Hitachi Zosen Inova AG – Abu Dhabi
The subsidiary in Abu Dhabi was established in August 2017 and acts as a competent and effective partner for our clients and partners in the Middle East as well as North Africa. Working together closely with its parent company in Zurich, HZI Abu Dhabi offers following services for the entire HZI product portfolio:
- Business development
- Project Management
- Project Realization
Hitachi Zosen Inova Australia
The HZI branch office Hitachi Zosen Inova Pty Ltd. was opened in February 2015. It marks a further expansion of HZI’s global presence, and will enable the company to establish proximity to regional markets and potential partners in Oceania. Thanks to the close cooperation with the Zurich based parent company, HZI Australia can provide the full range of HZI’s product portfolio.
The subsidiary’s core competences include:
- Project Management
Hitachi Zosen Inova BioMethan
Gas Upgrading and Flue Gas Treatment
Hitachi Zosen Inova BioMethan GmbH offers innovative, comprehensive solutions for energy recovery from waste, gases, and flue gases. We develop and manufacture:
- Gas upgrading plants that treat and refine raw biogas to deliver biomethane of a quality equivalent to natural gas
- Facilities for feeding biomethane into the existing natural gas infrastructure
- Carbon capture plants for separating CO2 out of flue gas for use as product gas or in liquid form for use as a fertilizer in glasshouses
- Biomethane filling stations constructed in compact container form producing fuel from sewage gases or waste gases from communal facilities such as purification plants
We have the right technology to suit any client requirement, from pressureless amine scrubbing – a highly efficient, heat-led gas upgrading process – to our high-performance, pressure-controlled technology using membrane-based gas permeation.
This enables us to choose the process best suited in terms of the desired performance, the operator, and the requirements of the market.
Both of these upgrading processes ensure minimal methane slip while delivering a high degree of purity.
- HZI BioMethan GmbH CEO Dr. Karsten Wünsche is in charge of the company’s distribution activities and strategic direction.
He was an executive at MT-Unternehmensgruppe, with particular responsibility for product development and the success of the upgrading technology. His experience in the energy business comes from working as a network engineer for power, gas, and water utilities and in renewable energy. He adds to this a wealth of knowledge in the gas industry.
- As CTO/COO, Jens Becker is responsible for the technical and operational direction of the company, the project implementation, manufacturing, as well as servicing. A qualified process engineer, he is well versed in the gas upgrading/supply processes and technologies thanks to many years’ working with MT-Unternehmensgruppe, where his responsibilities included project management and also construction supervision, commissioning, and software development for construction projects of its subsidiary MT-BioMethan. He also has experience in the automotive sector, mechanical engineering, and industrial engineering.
Hitachi Zosen Inova Etogas
ETOGAS develops, builds and sells turnkey Power-to-Gas (PtG) plants based on its own proprietary technology. Product segments are Power-to-Hydrogen, Power-to-SNG and Hydrogen-to-SNG.
Composed of a team with extensive industry experience, we are intensively driving the implementation of Power-to-Gas technology, together with leading partners from academia and the energy sector. Our process and plant engineering know-how has already been implemented in several industrial projects.
Numerous implemented plant and consulting projects make ETOGAS your competent partner for sophisticated Power-to-Gas applications and CO2 recycling. Our company’s effectiveness and innovative power is demonstrated, for example, in the design and construction of the world’s largest Power-to-Gas plant on behalf of Audi AG. The plant was successfully commissioned in 2013.
Hitachi Zosen Inova Germany
Cologne-based Hitachi Zosen Inova Deutschland GmbH (HZID) is the local contact partner for the HZI Service Group in Germany. We work closely with HZI Kraftwerkstechnik GmbH, HZI KRB, and HZI head office in Zurich to cover the entire range of services relating to plant components:
Our clients profit from our wealth of experience in the service business and our engineering competencies in plant design and also thermal and process design.
Hitachi Zosen Inova Kraftwerkstechnik
Based in Landsberg (Sachsen-Anhalt), Hitachi Zosen Inova Kraftwerkstechnik GmbH (HZIK) has been part of Hitachi Zosen Inova Deutschland GmbH since 2015. Our expertise in power plant engineering and erection ideally augments HZI Service Group’s offering. Our other core competences include
- Project Management
- Revision work
Our main clients are large companies in fields such as waste processing and biomass plants, industrial boilers, flue gas treatment systems, and paper production. We work to exacting standards to deliver safe, high-quality solutions that ensure client satisfaction.
- Thomas ter Horst, CEO
- Thomas Kirsch, CTO and Authorized Signatory
- Uwe Haußner, Project Director und Authorized Signatory
Hitachi Zosen Inova Slovakia s.r.o.
The subsidiary’s competences include:
- Quality assurance and expediting
Hitachi Zosen Inova UK Ltd.
HZI UK is the local contact for all corporate related services for projects of HZI in the UK and ROI. HZI UK assists in all matters including human resources, accounting, insurance and legal matters related to the UK company and the projects of HZI. We work closely with the Zurich based parent company, project and local site management teams.
Hitachi Zosen Inova U.S.A. LLC
The team of Hitachi Zosen Inova U.S.A. LLC consist of more than 10 people. The american HZI subsidiary is located in Norcross (Georgia) and meets the specific needs of the north and central american markets. The crew consists of engineers from various special fields. The company’s core competences are:
- Project Management
- Revisions and Maintenance
Our references cover a wide range of industry areas including the following segments:
- Energy from Waste, AD, Biomethane upgrade
- Waste water treatment (Fluidized Bed for sludge/FOG, scrubbers, phosphorus recovery, biomethane upgrade)
- Hazardous waste (Rotary Kiln)
Hitachi Zosen KRB
Hitachi Zosen KRB AG has been providing products and services for thermal waste treatment since 1997. We take pride in our long-standing partnerships with clients in Switzerland and abroad. Our specialities include manufacturing boiler parts, both with and without cladding, producing machine components, and in the revising and maintaining thermal EfW plants. With highly qualified staff, our own workshop, modern machinery, and a manufacturing hall and warehouse, we can deliver any order to deadline while meeting the individual needs of our clients.
We have the following certifications:
- 9001, 14001, 18001 & 3834-2
- IQNet Certificate
- TÜV PED
- Certificate of Manufacturer
- Certificate Transfer of Markings
- TÜV Certificate EN 1090-1
- TÜV Welding Certificate EN 1090-2
- Zertifikat PR Prüfung WW
- Zertifikat PR Prüfung AW